No matter how much you loved (or hated) being pregnant, it’s a fact of life that it has a huge impact on our bodies. It takes well over a year for our bodies to get back to ‘normal’ after our little bundles are born. After you’ve had a baby, this just seems like cruelty. We’ve already been through enough as mummas, now we’ve got sleepless nights AND postpartum troubles?! What is this??
Well, here are my top five products that I used to help me get back to some resemblance of normality.
1. Aloe Vera drinking gel – Packed full of nutrients and now made from 99.7% pure leaf extract, this daily shot of goodness helped me get my mojo back! Baby bum has been a notoriously bad sleeper (although we are getting there now by rubbing Aloe heat lotion on his feet before bed) and it was KILLING me! My daily drinking gel has given me a huge energy boost, helped to clear my acne prone skin, and also helped to even out my digestive system because I was experiencing IBS type symptoms. This is my wonder product especially because it takes two seconds in the morning. Let’s face it there’s never any time in the mornings!
2. Active probiotic – I took this in my second month post partum. Just the general squashing of my insides by baby bum really messed with my digestive system. I experienced IBS symptoms swinging from constipation to the other extreme. After a month’s course of this probiotic and then moving on to my drinking gel, I have no digestive issues anymore. Hurrah!
3. Shower scrub – All of my body was affected by pregnancy but the strangest thing was my legs were super dry. I use this twice a week now and I’ve noticed such a huge difference. The scaliness has gone and I feel confident enough to show my legs off in clothing which I didn’t think I would ever do again. Also, the jojoba beads in this scrub are completely environmentally friendly.
4. Jojoba shampoo and conditioner – I noticed my hair was much greasier post partum (probably from running my fingers through it all the time because I’m so stressed!). I used to always use salon brands because I really love my hair and wanted to use the absolute best products. I tried this shampoo and conditioner after a recommendation from another business owner and I’m so glad I did. I’m now only washing my hair twice a week instead of every other day. I’m saving time and my hair is looking healthier.
5. Brightening tooth gel – Being sick everyday certainly had a huge impact on my teeth. Brushing my teeth while pregnant made me sick (well everything made me sick but this especially) so I had a bit of a build up of plaque. Plus bleeding gums which seems to affect everyone I’ve spoken to. This tooth gel is brightening (always a bonus) but also soothes gums with aloe and bee propolis which was just what I needed!
Have you got any post partum wonder products?
If you’d like any further information about these products, just drop me a message on instagram, Facebook or twitter @aloetheremum.
Order through message or visit my website at www.aloetheremum.myforever.biz